The MEH Alliance on Hinkley Point C, is seeking an experiences Site Quality Inspector Welding to support the installation of Mechanical, Electrical & HVAC (MEH) items to the Hinckley Point C (HPC) construction site through appropriate methods of inspection and oversight in support of the project quality requirements.
- Performing witnessing as required by the Inspection and Test Plans to meet MEH programme demand, working to project deadlines and targets.
- Recording results for inspections undertaken, highlighting any non-conformance and accepting or rejecting finished items as required
- Liaison with the Area Quality Leads to ensure appropriate levels of surveillance are deployed and support the relevant surveillance plans
- Work alongside the fabrication / installation team to ensure all contracted requirements have been met.
- Review quality records for accuracy and adequacy of content to allow the compilation of lifetime records to support End of Erection Status Reports
- Performing daily inspections, completing checklists and producing weekly summary reports
- To be familiar with the Scope of Work, the Contract Specifications and appropriate National / International Standards, the drawings and the procedures.
- Support non-conformance management as required for identification, disposition and closure of corrective and preventative actions
- To carry out any other inspection duties as requested by, and agreed with the Quality Manager
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quality Inspector in relevant discipline and site installation environment.
- Knowledge of working to UK and international standards and codes of practice for the UK Nuclear sector or other regulated industry
- Major Project Experience,
- Nuclear Experience beneficial
- Working in Alliance agreement projects
- Qualifications in an Engineering discipline, ONC / HNC / HND (or equivalent experience).
- Qualified to CSWIP WI 3.1 or PCN WI Level 2, dual qualification with either coatings (NACE L2) or NDE PCN L2 preferred
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.