We have an opportunity for a Business Systems Analysts specialising in Aveva to join a busy team based in Middlesbrough.
You will work closely with Functional Business System Leads, Business Information Systems Manager, BAU Super Users, BAU Key Users, Department Heads, Group ICT teams and occasionally dedicated implementation teams to ensure our systems inspire our people, simplify what we do, so we can win.
Our systems suite for Design and Engineering focuses around the standardisation of tools using Aveva, Ansys and Autodesk suites.
This role is also responsible for supporting the Technical, Engineering & Scaffolding Digitalisation across all business areas covering existing and new applications and their data. You will support the Digital Lead for Technical, Engineering & Scaffolding. Success will come from having a practical hands-on knowledge of our Technical, Engineering & Scaffolding systems and helping end users to adopt the tools as part of their Operating Rhythm.
- Drive Excellence though effective and efficient use of systems.
- Understand and document business requirements over the short, medium and longer term.
- Consult through lesson learned sessions with End Users, Key users and Process Owners to ensure that functionality and configuration meets evolving business requirements
- Work to ensure BAU changes and 1st to 4th Line support is seamless and adapt flexibly to meet business requirements based on operational demand.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Develop & deliver training, materials, support, advice to key users in order for users to better their experience within the systems suite and improve their data analytics
- Assist in the provision and support of the developed ‘low code’ applications based upon group architecture
- To develop and maintain consistent solutions across our approved application suite.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive data/information
- Build and maintain workflows and process automation
- Support other Business Systems Analysts and leads during the resource intensive phases of their projects.
- Specific Duties & Responsibilities – Engineering
- Support the end-to-end processes & Solution Architecture for Engineering using the Aveva suite.
- Support the Digitisation of asset management and general engineering function.
- Support all with the setup and testing of all new Technical Proof of Concepts (PoC’s) and validate they meet the targeted benefits prior to wider roll out to all effected users.
- The design, specification, configuration, implementation and support of solutions using the Aveva suite.
- An engineering background and experience in delivery of digitisation engineering solutions to clients.
- Experience in the utilisation of Aveva modules including E3D, Unified Engineering, Insights, Predictive Analytics and other Aveva modules
- Experience in the use of IIOT devices for automated monitoring and collection of data.
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to analyse complex situations and effectively solve problems and drive an excellence culture.
- Experience of ICT systems, technical development, testing and system implementation
- Significant experience of successfully working with a variety of stakeholders and able to communicate complex information simply
- Experience of the Microsoft Power Suite (Power Apps, Automate and PowerBi)
- Pragmatic approach, able to balance the ideal with the reality of what is needed today.
- Demonstrable ability to thrive in a complex, rapidly changing and demanding Globally integrated (but not centralised) business environment.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.