We are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor in the East Midlands area, with experience in the civils and telecoms sub-contracting industry.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for preparing tender and contract documents, working with the existing supply chain and dealing with valuations and variations, dealing with payments and preparing summary reports. This is a hybrid role requiring weekly site visits to sites within the East Midlands.
The company are an international multi sector, support business, who have been offering a multitude of services for over 50 years. Delivering excellence for all their clients, underpinned by rigorous quality standards, a multi-award-winning safety performance and industry-leading customer experience.
- Maintain an awareness of supplier’s capability and financial stability in order to support the needs of the business
- Prepare tender and contract documents
- Have a knowledge base of contract terms and conditions to ensure that contract management can be delivered effectively
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to implement best practice and innovation
- Ensure all post contract documentation is documented and recorded
- Manage change in accordance with the contract
- Estimate work packages in advance of formal issue through the contract
- Actively manage contract risk
- Actively manage supplier key performance indicators
- Day to Day updating and maintaining portfolio of contract administration spreadsheets
- Management of the payment application / invoicing process for the assigned contracts
- Review and approval of contractor quotations
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting data as required
- MCIPS or RICS Chartered Surveyor
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Proven ability to develop and communicate commercial strategy, as well as overseeing its implementation
- Estimating experience
- Defining contract strategies and structures using NEC/CCS suite of contracts
- Working knowledge of the Public Contract Regulations
- Excellent collaborative communication skills (written and oral)
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to deal with people across a wide range of management and technical expertise.
- Complex service contract mobilisation & management
- A full UK driving licence
- Very competitive salary
- Car allowance and fuel expenses
- Holiday allowances
- Attractive pension scheme
- Sick pay
- Group life assurance scheme
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, our clients will interview the best candidates from within that group.