We have an opportunity to play a key role in developing a high performing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function.
The purpose of the Performance Analyst is to conduct performance analysis and business planning work across Nuclear Waste Services (NWS). The role will report to the P&I Manager and will be responsible for day-to-day delivery of the corporate reporting products, as well the production of the operating/business plan and the design of the associated corporate targets.
The role holder will contribute to the design of the reporting vision and framework and continue to support its development. They will help to create new and engaging ways to identify areas of key focus and lead on specific areas across the function in support of the P&IM.
This role will be a core part of the business planning activity, helping to develop a corporate business planning cycle and taking on day-to-day responsibility of the design, collation and preparation of the operating plan and wider business planning products.
- Act as a subject expert for corporate performance and business planning matters, including providing a clear narrative and rationale for the approach and working on drafting of the business plan. Supporting teaching, coaching and support of others in delivering the vision of the CFO
- Reviewing, and implementing improved corporate reporting and related corporate processes and procedures, making recommendations to the P&IM and Head of FP&A, and taking ownership of changes
- Ownership of the content and quality of aspects of the corporate reports prior to issue, pursuing anomalies thereby ensuring accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Supporting and training colleagues and own team in performance reporting, insight and analysis, as well supporting areas to contribute to the business planning products and activities
- Providing regular updates to the P&IM and Head of FP&A on emerging trends/issues
- Communication and dissemination of complex information in a simple and digestible way, giving the organisation a clear picture to support decision making
- Owning elements of drafting of the NWS Business plan and the wider links to the NDA plans.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis where required to assist in management decision making
- Promoting and exploiting the use of Power BI and other reporting tools to help present information through a number of lenses, developing new ways of reporting.
- Track performance against the NWS Integration Business case (and other key Business Cases on behalf of the Exec / Board) and work with Financial Planning colleagues to put in effective reporting.
- Lead analysis and interpretation of complex operational information and transform it into actionable insight and recommendations
- Work as a key member of the FP&A team and wider finance function to help the business achieve its strategic objectives
- Work with colleagues across the NDA to understand and share best practice
- Deputise for the P&IM as required
- Extensive reporting and stakeholder management essential.
- Proven, direct experience in a performance management and planning role across a regulated or complex organisation or industry.
- Delivery of a corporate business/operating plan
- Significant experience in analysing large datasets, and communicating them effectively
- Prioritising work and managing workload, managing expectations and taking responsibility for delivery against tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience in problem solving, challenging and leading activity to the best solution.
- Developing reporting products and methodologies and building best practice.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting data and the ability to correlate with business performance
- Providing subject matter expertise in analysis and presentation of data
- Proven experience in using reporting and modelling tools and the use of Excel and PowerPoint to communicate the story.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to present complex information simply
- On appointment to an RWM, full-time staff are entitled to a generous annual holiday allowance of 38 days’ annual leave. LLWR up to 43 days in addition to a buy/sell scheme
- Rewarding performance (bonus scheme)
- We offer a generous above average pension scheme
- learning and development support
- payment of relevant annual professional subscriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial advice assistance
- Flexible working
- Extended family-friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- We welcome flexible and agile working practices
- Flexible working requests can be submitted from day 1 of employment
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.