This is a great opportunity to play a key role in developing a high performing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function.
This is a new role reporting into the Financial Planning Manager and the wider CFO function. The role will support the FP&A function across the lines of business and enabling functions, taking responsibility for specific products and outputs while ensuring that communication is tailored to each audience. The use of PowerPoint will, in particular, be a key format for getting information across in a compelling and simple way but will need to be underpinned by detailed Excel knowledge and skills. The role holder will also work closely with colleagues in commercial finance, financial control and transformation.
The role holder will play a key role in helping to develop financial analysis for Nuclear Waste Services (NWS). They will use new and existing FP&A tools and their understanding of financial and business process to help forecast and report financial performance. They will identify financial risks and opportunities to improve performance. The role holder will support the budget setting process, owning specific aspects and relationships, and be a key liaison between finance and the wider business to ensure alignment.
- Supporting the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning process, taking ownership of specific aspects
- Analysing actuals against budget/ forecast and prior year
- Develop clear and engaging presentations to communicate financial information in a compelling and simple way, for a variety of differing audiences, with particular skills in the use of PowerPoint
- Maintain the SharePoint file structure for the finance teams
- Create a library of documentation that can be used as a reference for various reporting needs/presentations
- Supporting ad-hoc analysis where required to assist in management decision making
- Day to day user of the NWS FP&A system (Vena or equivalent) and work to continuously improve how it is used – reducing the reliance on Excel in the business
- Support the development of Power BI to help present information through a number of lenses, developing new ways of reporting
- Day to day lead on benefit tracking and efficiency reporting across NWS, ensuring a clear methodology for reporting and measuring, along with a clear audit trail of savings.
- Analyse and interpret complex financial information and transform it into actionable insight and recommendations
- Work as a key member of the FP&A team and wider finance function to help the business achieve its strategic objectives
- Working with the wider reporting function to ensure financial performance is reported in the Business Performance Pack effectively
- Managing the financial data across NWS and ensuring it is captured and reported effectively. Taking ownership and accountability for presenting the information in the right way and supporting the Head of FP&A in communicating the data. This will be further enhanced by the role holder providing expert knowledge and guidance to the wide team as require, to share best practice.
- Deputise for the Financial Planning Manager as required
- Part/newly qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA / CIPFA or equivalent) or significant experience in working with and analysing financial information.
- You will have previous experience of operating in a financial data role in large complex organisations
- Proven ability to analyse large datasets, and to communicate them effectively.
- Experience in prioritising workloads, managing expectations, and taking responsibility for delivery against tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in problem solving, challenging, and guiding activity to the best solution
- Experience in understanding and interpreting financial information and the ability to correlate with business performance
- Demonstrable experience in providing subject matter expertise in analysis and presentation of financial data
- Public Sector and Nuclear experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to present complex financial information simply, particular the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to quickly build rapport with and influence stakeholders
- On appointment to an RWM, full-time staff are entitled to a generous annual holiday allowance of 38 days’ annual leave. LLWR up to 43 days in addition to a buy/sell scheme
- Rewarding performance (bonus scheme)
- We offer a generous above average pension scheme
- learning and development support
- payment of relevant annual professional subscriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial advice assistance
- Flexible working
- Extended family-friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- We welcome flexible and agile working practices
- Flexible working requests can be submitted from day 1 of employment
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.