Our client is an international oil & engineering maintenance company delivering state-of-the-art solutions to clients in the UK, Europe, and APAC. They are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued, with far-reaching global sustainability targets.
They have an opportunity for a Commercial Manager whose roles will be responsible for supervising all commercial aspects of the Aberdeen projects, including; managing specialist sub-contractors, and liaising with client & project teams.
They will also be responsibility for the delivery of commercial activities, efficiently direct and manage the commercial resources of a project, during the construction and on going maintenance phases, and ensure the development needs of line reports are met and support the development of the wider commercial function.
- Form an integral part of the multidisciplinary team responsible for project delivery and client service.
- Ensure interim applications for payment and certifications are issued and agreed upon.
- Management, administration, and settlement of subcontractors' accounts, including accountability for those delegated to the team.
- Preparation and management of claims.
- The flexible management of staff to provide an effective commercial service for the business.
- Providing staff with support and guidance on their job responsibilities.
- Negotiating with client's representatives, sub-contractors, and other consultants to achieve project results whilst maintaining group relationships.
- Advise and manage commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Ensure preparation of monthly contract review reports, communicate key risk, opportunity, and change with transparency, promptly.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.